ITHACA, N.Y. — A robbery was reported early Sunday morning, just a few blocks away from where an elderly woman was robbed later the same day.
According to police, a woman walking home around 12:58 a.m. told police that she was robbed near the intersection of West Court and Sears streets.
The woman told police “that a black male suspect wearing a black hoodie style sweatshirt and jeans approached her and took her wallet out of her hands.”
She said she chased the man a short distance and he stopped, took cash out of the wallet, dropped the wallet and fled.
The suspect was last seen running southbound on North Cayuga Street toward the Ithaca Commons.
About 12 hours later, on the 200 block of South Geneva Street, an 88-year-old woman had her purse stolen by a woman who fled in a vehicle being driven by a man.
No arrests have been reported about either incident.
Police are asking anyone with information about the crimes to contact them at:
- Police Dispatch: 607-272-3245
- Police Administration: 607-272-9973
- Crime Stoppers Tipline: 607-697-0333
- Drug Tipline: 607-330-0000
- Email Tip Address: http://www.cityofithaca.org/FormCenter/Ithaca-Police-Department-5/Ithaca-Police-Department-Tipline-47
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ithacapolice
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ithacapolice