ITHACA, N.Y. — An Ithaca man, who allegedly burglarized a home and tried to attack residents, pleaded not guilty to charges of burglary, stalking, criminal possession of a weapon and tampering with evidence on Tuesday in Tompkins County Court.

Lamont T. Fish, 43, pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree burglary, second-degree burglary, second-degree stalking, third-degree criminal possession of a weapon and tampering with physical evidence.

According to court records, on June 14, Fish arrived at a residence on Peruville Road in Groton and altered the position of a surveillance camera on the property, preventing it from recording events in the backyard.

Records further detailed that later that night, the resident of the home returned to the property, along with her father. They were alerted to Fish’s presence when they noticed the security camera was out of position and the garage door opener had been unplugged, as well as one of the resident’s dogs repeatedly went to the spare bedroom. Entering the room, the resident noticed the broken glass on the floor from the window, and called out to her father.

As the father came into the room, Fish allegedly exited the closet holding a long gun, records state. The father reportedly wrestled the gun from him and subdued Fish with a chokehold. While held down, Fish attempted to stab the father — first with a knife he pulled from his pocket, then with the shards of glass on the floor, according to court records. However, both the daughter and father were able to wrestle the weapons from Fish’s hands. They called 911 and kept him subdued until law enforcement was able to arrive.

An investigation of the premises revealed Fish had allegedly hidden a large kitchen knife, a hammer and a roll of duct tape in the spare bedroom. He had other belongings in the residence, as he previously was in a relationship with the homeowner, but did not have permission to enter the residence at that time, records state.

Judge John C. Rowley issued an order of protection for the victim, and set Fish’s bail at $15,000 in cash or $30,000 bond.

Fish is being represented by Jason Leifer and is due back in court to face the charges later in August.