This is a community announcement from the Tompkins County Board of Elections. It was not written by The Ithaca Voice. To submit community announcements, please send them to Matt Butler at email@example.com.
The Tompkins County Board of Elections needs more than 300 people to work as election inspectors and poll site managers to work three elections in the coming year:
- Presidential Primary Tuesday
- Primary Election Day: Tuesday, June 25, 2024
- General Election Day: Tuesday, November 5, 2024
The positions will be paid $282 for working a full primary or general election day, as well as $40 for attending a training session.
Inspectors must attend a hands-on training class, process voters using an iPad and distribute ballots. Poll site managers also must attend a hands-on training class, would be responsible for opening, closing and monitoring the voting machines, preparing the poll site for voting and answering voter questions.
- Must be a registered voter in Tompkins County (or pre-registered if 17 years old)
- Represent either the Republican or Democratic Party, preferred, but not required
- Must be a people person and enjoy serving others