This is a community announcement. It was not written by The Ithaca Voice. To submit community announcements, please send them to Matt Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senator Webb was at the Southern Tier Community Center in Endicott to announce the launch of her annual Back to School Supplies Drive for Teachers. This initiative is focused on providing essential school supplies to educators and their students as they gear up for the upcoming academic year. The supplies drive will take place from August 16th – August 30th.
Senator Webb also announced the eight supply collection points across Senate District 52, where community members can contribute to the drive. These collection points will ensure that teachers and students have access to the tools they need for a successful year of learning. The collection locations include:
- Southern Tier Community Center (1 Clubhouse Road, Endicott, NY)
- The Bridge Community Center (143 Baldwin Street, Johnson City, NY)
- Senator Webb’s Binghamton District Office (44 Hawley Street, Binghamton, NY 13901)
- Homer Center for the Arts (72 S Main St, Homer, NY 13077)
- Cortland Chamber of Commerce (83 Main Street, Cortland, NY 13045)
- Lansing YWCA (50 Graham Rd W, Ithaca, NY 14850)
- Southside Community Center (305 S Plain St, Ithaca, NY 14850)
- Senator Webb’s Ithaca District Office (217 N. Aurora Street, Ithaca, NY 14850)
“Teachers play an indispensable role in shaping the future of our community,” Senator Lea Webb said. “They work tirelessly to educate our children and often go above and beyond by personally filling resource gaps in their classrooms. The Back to School Supplies Drive for Teachers is a way for us all to contribute to their success. As we gear up for the new school year, I encourage those who are able to stop by one of the collection locations and make a difference by donating supplies that will directly impact the educational experience of our students.”